Search Stretch Naked

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Vacation Motivation

What is it about a pending event that gets me all kings of motivated to be skinny, skinny, skinny? When I was getting ready for my wedding, I was the skinniest I've ever been. At what cost? Workouts everyday for 1-2 hours, minimal carbs and absolutely NO carbs after lunch, NO dessert, NO alcohol, seriously cut calories and NO fun. I even worked out the morning of my wedding for two hours. It helped me workout the jitters, too. Ok, So totally not sustainable for the long-term, but man was I skinny (and tan). I used to go to the tanning bed back in the day. No comments about tanning, please. It was a short period of time and I don't do it anymore...

Anyway, I had my eye on this prize of being super thin in my wedding dress and on the beach in Jamaica for our honeymoon. See the pics of me at my skinniest (honeymoon and then South America, right before I got preggo). I refer back to these whenever I start to lose motivation.





So, this heightened motivation has struck me at other points along the way, too - before my sister's wedding (also in Jamaica), before we took a trip to South America, before a little anniversary trip to Horseshoe Bay, etc. And now, we are about to take a trip to Florida in a week and that motivation is kicking in high gear. It will be my first time in public in a bathing suit since Baby Elvis was born. Yikes, yikes, yikes. I'm in full out thin belly mode.

But, I'm realistic I know that I can't lose a ton of weight in a week. But, I can lose up to two pounds healthfully and safely, cut down on carbs which will help reduce bloating (especially in the belly area) and can do some last minute toning and increased cardio workouts. So that is what I am doing.

I thought I would keep you all updated as I venture through this week of "Vacation Motivation." What did I eat? Any pitfalls? How much/when did I workout? How did I feel? And I will also post pics of me in the bathing suit while on vacay. Seriously, I will. It'll be like seeing a train wreck, you won't be able to help yourself, you will have to look.

And, yes, self-deprecating humor always makes me feel better about myself. Stay tuned for my post tonight.

Also, I would love to hear what motivates you to go into high-gear healthy mode?

2 comments:

AustinsMomma said...

Old pics in bikinis help me, too!!! I am right there with ya on being in vacation mode... except I have a little more time. The sad thing is that you probably look better than me in one week than I will in 8 weeks when I go! :o) Im proud of you, sister! You motivate the hell out of me!!!

Meghan said...

I don't know about that! I bet you will look great! It's all about committing and sticking to it. And p.s. I am SO hungry right now. I think I'm going to go to bed so that I stop thinking about eating.

The first few days are hard because you have to shrink your stomach a little. But once it shrinks you won't be as hungry.