Search Stretch Naked

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Special K Challenge Day 1

I was so excited to start the Special K diet today that I could barely sleep last night. I had visions of cereal bars dancing in my head...well that and Baby E was up about four times. But nonetheless, I rushed home after my 5:45 am Boot Camp class and poured myself a bowl of blueberry Special K. It was so fun to eat the whole bowl and then fill up the bowl again with fresh blueberries and raspberries. And I had coffee.

So, after the first meal I was pretty excited.

I was full until about 10:30, when E woke up from his nap and we headed to the store to get the bulk of my Special K provisions - cereal bars, protein shakes, meal bars, crackers, etc.

When we got back from the store around 11:30, I had a cereal snack bar. And...uh...yep, my stomach was absolutely growling. So I decided it was time for lunch - bowl #2. This time I had a bowl of chocolatey delight cereal and a banana. I was full, but a little unsatisfied. I was actually jealous of Baby E's shredded turkey and cheddar cheese crumbles that he was having for lunch. I'm just used to eating something a little more substantial for lunch.

I powered through the other two snacks by 3:30 and stared at the clock, wishing that I could dig into some pretzels or something. I actually invented some errands for us to run so that I could get out and stop thinking about food.

Then I taught my two evening classes and ate dinner - real food that is.

I am not thrilled with the challenge thus far. I feel pretty bloated from all that fiber in the cereal and bar...and was pretty hungry throughout the day.

Since I have a pretty intense workout regimen, I have added a little bit more calories to the snacks. I have to ensure that I'm getting enough. So here's what the day held:

Breakfast - blueberry cereal, fruit, coffee
Snack - chocolate cereal bar
Lunch - chocolatey delight cereal, banana
Snack - Special K wheat crackers, 2 TBS hummus, carrots
Snack - chocolate protein snack bar + handful of raw almonds
Dinner - grilled chicken, baked sweet potato (no butter, just salt and pepper), corn on the cob (no butter either, just salt and pepper)

Activity: 60 minutes Boot Camp, 60 minutes Zumba, 45 Power Sculpt = 1029 calories burned

Now I'm headed to bed to dream of cereal bars, only a little less enthusiastically this time. But, naked stretchers, I will do this for two weeks for you. You are keeping me accountable.

No comments: