Search Stretch Naked

Sunday, May 2, 2010

7 Days until Bikini

7 days, right? How hard can that be? Just general exercise, healthy eating, lots of water. I do this normally, right? Why is it harder when you are really paying attention? The truth of the matter is, I totally underestimate my daily calorie intake. That stat about people underestimating calories consumed by 40% is pretty true in my case. I was paying attention and man, there was just temptation at every turn...But, I'm holding strong on day one at 7:45 pm.

So it started out easy enough, had my normal breakfast of toast and coffee. I went and taught kickboxing and burned a bunch o'calories. Then had a banana as a post-workout snack. Feeling good at this point.

Then we decided to go grocery shopping...at Market Street...this is where the parade of temptation began. I know I have this little ban on Market Street, but they have such beautiful produce and someone carries out your groceries for you. Love that.

Anyway, it was like "sample everything day." They had an International Tour of Flavors - cheese, crackers and spread, lemon poppy seed bread, thumbprint cookies (my fave), pastas, wine, parmesean bread, the list goes on and on. Normally I would only have a sample of the cookie and maybe the wine, but today I wanted it all. It's like telling a child they can play with any toy in the world except one. And what toy do they want? The one toy they can't have. So here I was in a store full of untouchable toys (or food as it were). Bottom line, it was willpower city for me.

Did I succeed? YES! No samples and no little treats found their way into our basket either.

So lunch was good. I had some leftover grilled chicken sliced in corn tortillas with a pinch of reduced fat cheese and light sour cream. Whew!

We went out for dinner at a Mexican Restaurant with my parents and Baby E. I had ZERO tortilla chips. I just busied myself with feeding the baby and chatting. I had some broth based chicken soup with corn and rice. Pretty tasty.

And here I am it's almost 8:00 pm and I'm hungry. Yep, normally I would break out a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. But not tonight. I will instead drink some more water.

All in all, I did really well today. Lots of temptation, but I succeeded.

Here's the calorie count:

Breakfast
Whole wheat bread + 2 TBS of peanut butter
Coffee, splash of skim milk, packet of diet hot cocoa

Snack
Banana

Lunch
Corn tortilla, chicken wrap, pinch of reduced fat cheese, 2 Tbs of light sour cream
Pineapple (1/2 cup)

Snack
90 calorie granola bar

Dinner
Chicken tortilla soup

Total Calories: About 1,400 calories
Activity: Kickboxing (60 minutes)

No comments: