Search Stretch Naked

Monday, May 3, 2010

6 Days until Bikini...

And day 6 is nearing completion - Hallelujah!

Whenever you cut your calories, you will have a few days of hunger, which can be frustrating. This happens because your stomach is stretched out and when you cut those calories, you aren't filling it to capacity - thus the hunger. Yep, my stomach is stretched and I'm hungry. But still motivated.

So, I started the day off right with whole wheat toast + peanut butter and coffee (even measured out the exact Tablespoon of peanut butter to ensure that I wasn't using too much). I think that I will do this more often. I think I am generally pretty generous with what I consider a Tablespoon.

My friend came over with her little boy for a playdate, so I was distracted from my hunger through the morning (when I normally would have granola, yogurt and a banana). Then I had a turkey sandwich with just mustard and a fat-free yogurt for lunch.

Tick, tock, tick, tock. 2:00 rolled around and I was hungry. I ignored it and got some work done while Baby E was napping. Tick, tock, tick, tock...Baby E was up and to avoid the hunger we headed to run some errands.

And then I was at my wits end. I was so hungry and couldn't wait until dinner. So I ate some of Baby E's "puffs." They are these little whole wheat star-shaped finger foods that help babies learn to feed themselves. Let me tell you a little something about these puffs..they are delicious. And only 35 calories for 74 pieces! Yes, I said 74. Now they are tiny, but you feel like you are really eating. I didn't have 74, but I did have a few handfuls. I don't think he minded that much. Heck, more of his share ended up on the floor or in his lap, than in his mouth. Cute thing.

Anyway, I survived until dinner and then had chicken tacos.

So, here's the wrap up...

Breakfast
Whole wheat toast + PB
Coffee with diet hot cocoa packet

Lunch
Turkey sandwich
Yogurt

Snack
Baby puff snacks
Granola bar (90 calorie version)

Dinner
Chicken tacos with corn 2 tortillas
1 TBS light sour cream, 1 TBS of shredded, reduced fat cheese, 1 TBS guacamole

Dessert
1/2 cup of fresh blackberries

Total Calories: Roughly 1,400
Activity: Baby E and I went for a stroller ride, no classes today (gearing up for three tomorrow)

So here's the score: Hunger - 0. Bikini flat belly - 2! More tomorrow...wish me luck!

No comments: