Search Stretch Naked

Saturday, May 8, 2010

1 Day until Bikini

Well, tomorrow is the day. The day I weigh in and see if I achieved my goal. I feel pretty confident that I did after my rock star workout today - burned 1400 calories. Whoo-hoo!

Ok, so I did really well today, but had one of my more embarrassing moments at the gym.

So I like to look all cute when I go the gym. It makes me feel good and makes people think I'm funny. Anyway, you remember those "shrug" tops that were cute a few years ago? Well I was about to part with mine and sell it in a garage sale when I decided that I should put it over a sports bra and wear it to the gym. This shrug in question is black with sequins. So, I popped it on and headed out feeling very proud of myself, bouncing off to burn, burn, burn.

Anyway, I burned through 775 calories in my first class and cooled everyone down and started getting prepped for my second class. Well, as I went through the warm-up in which we raise our arms over our heads a lot, I noticed black fuzzy stuff all over my armpits. It looked like black armpit hair! The shrug had shed and was sticking to the sweat all over my body. Upon further examination, it was all over my back, my neck, my stomach and then, of course, the armpits. I'm not kidding, it was TERRIBLE. After our warm-up, I told everyone what it was and got quite a few laughs. Well that's all fine and good for this class, but what about the last group? And the people peeking in from outside the group fitness room? What must they think? I was mortified to think that people would assume that I had this hair issue. Ugh. Well, I guess I just better take it in stride. Nothing I can do about it now. Boo.

Well, my little week long adventure is done. I finished my last meal and am doing last minute trip prep. Tomorrow at 5:30 my alarm will go off and I will weigh to see if I lost at least two pounds. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

So what did I eat?

Breakfast
Oatmeal (not Sbucks, just low-sugar Quaker Oats)
Coffee with diet hot cocoa packet

Lunch
Vegetable Soup
Tomato/Mozzarella Panini (half)

Snack
small apple
granola bar
5 Triscuits (reduced fat)

Dinner
Baked Chicken
Salad (with fat-free dressing, no cheese)
Half a baked potato

Dessert
Nothing (and usually Saturday is my usual REAL dessert day. Not today.)

Calories: Roughly 1,500
Activity: Kickboxing & Zumba (burned 1400 calories, so almost canceled out all food today!)

Fingers, toes and everything crossed that our trip goes smoothly. If I achieved my goal, great, but if not I at least ate pretty well and got all my exercise in.

Until tomorrow morning...

No comments: