Search Stretch Naked

Monday, May 17, 2010

Vacation Binge

Good morning to you! This post finds me refreshed, relaxed, happy, smiling...and 3 pounds heavier than I was last week. But you know what? I'm totally ok with that. I enjoyed my vacation. I didn't go crazy with food, but I did indulge. I ate what I wanted. I didn't go out of my way to eat bad things, I was just way more relaxed. It was nice not to think about everything that I put in my mouth.

Wanna know what I ate? I had french fries, which I never eat. I had ice cream, frozen yogurt and cake. I had a glass of wine each day. I had pizza and enchiladas. It was a nice break.

I did very little exercise other than run after Baby E on the beach (he is a pro-crawler now). I guess I swam a few laps in the pool (maybe 10 laps). But, certainly not my normal exercise regimen. And again, I am ok with that.

If you live your life my such strict dieting and exercise rules, you will eventually burn out. This burn out could lead to a week-long binge, a month-long binge or [gasp] longer. I feel like this vacation binge was healthy for me in a weird way, at least mentally.

So my advice to you is to go on a strict diet before vacay - probably 2-3 weeks before. Then you come out even when you get back. I lost a little over 3 pounds before I left. Now I did gain it back, but I'm at least not behind!

I learned that I can do it, though. My will-power allowed me to stay on track.

So, here is the bikini shot that I promised. Not totally proud, but I have to re-frame my perspective. More on this re-framing later.



No comments: