Search Stretch Naked

Thursday, September 30, 2010

You burn more fat when you have PMS. Wait. What?



Sometimes I come across info and I'm like, "Wow!" Mostly because it's interesting and sometimes obscure. Well this is sort of obscure, but interesting nonetheless.

Great set up, huh?

Ok, so I just read that there was a study done in Australia that determined that women burned 30% more fat for the two weeks following ovulation to about two days before menstruating. Meaning they burned more fat during the two weeks before their period.

Weird.

Why? Science has an answer for that. Apparently the reproductive hormones estrogen and progesterone are at their peak during the two weeks before your period. And because they promote the body's use of fat as energy, more fat is burned off when you exercise during this time period.

So, I guess you have a good reason to step away from the chocolate and wine and proceed directly to the gym.

And sorry for the random pic...I just laughed out-loud when I saw it. Tee-hee.

No comments: