Search Stretch Naked

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Throwing out the rules to avoid throwing up

I ate something funny today. Boo. I hate feeling nauseated, especially when I have to run around after a 1-year old...

I felt so yucky that I opted not to teach Zumba tonight. I didn't think that I should be bouncing around. Could have been ugly.

Anyway, when I am sick to my stomach I sort of throw out some of my diet rules so as not to throw up. Yep, I drink 7up or Sprite or Ginger Ale or Coke. Whatever has real syrup, nothing diet. It really does soothe your stomach. Well I had a Coke tonight. I didn't even think twice about the high fructose corn syrup or the calories. I just sipped away.




And I had saltines. I try my darndest not to eat any white breads, crackers, pastas and such. I'm almost 100% whole grain.

Well not tonight.



But I do feel better. My tummy is feeling sort of normal. And I'm ready to take on the day tomorrow.

Thank you high fructose corn syrup and refined carbs!

And just so you know refined carbs are bad news unless you are desperate - like me tonight. "When flour is refined, it loses the most nutritious parts of the grain – the fiber, essential fatty acids, and most of the vitamins and minerals. In fact, about 30 nutrients are removed, but by law only five must be added back (though others often are): iron, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin and folic acid. There's so little fiber left after processing that you'd have to eat eight pieces of white bread to get the fiber in just one piece of whole wheat bread." Thanks vegetariantimes.com for the quote.

Just empty calories. Period.

Oh and P.S. they do make wheat saltine crackers. We just didn't have any. Ad man likes regular saltines with soup, chili and other dips, thus my departure from whole grain. Just thought you might want to know.

2 comments:

layesica said...

Glad you are feeling better! We missed you in class tonight.

Meghan said...

I missed ya'll too! But I am feeling better!