Search Stretch Naked

Thursday, September 16, 2010

True Blood and Tasty Treats

I love HBO's True Blood. I am addicted. Well, my sister is also a True Blood fan. So we got together to watch the season finale (which we DVR'd) and to eat some vampire-inspired treats. And of course, I had to make the treats healthy - yet still themed.

I started thinking about th show. Well it's definitely bloody with all the vampires...and the acting and storyline can get kind of cheesy - which is why I love it so much. So I put both together and cam up with "bloody bites," which Baby E, my sweet sister and I all enjoyed. Even Ad man came home and had a couple.

Here's how I made them...

I got a package of Thomas' Hearty Grains English muffins. And cut each in half. I arranged them on a baking sheet. I preheated the oven to 375-degrees and got to bloody-ing my bites...

I brushed each muffin with a tiny drizzle of olive oil, then spread out 1 TBS of organic tomato sauce on each muffin.





Then I spread pan-seared spinach, grape tomatoes and chicken on top of the sauce. I seasoned with a few twists of an Italian grinder.




I sprinkled with reduced-fat mozzarella cheese and baked for about 20 minutes (until cheese was melted).





And they were delish - sort of like little mini pizzas.



And we also wore red and had red velvet cupcakes for dessert. Well, the cupcakes weren't low fat, but that's ok.

I'm sad that Sookie, Bill, Erik, Lafayette, Tara and Jessica are on hiatus until next season. But I plan to have a welcome back party as soon as they are back.

Do you love this show, too? There were lots of cliffhangers. My sister and I think that Hoyt and Jessica are going to have a baby together - a part vampire and part human baby! You know when Hoyt and Jessica are hugging in the new house and there is that weird sad looking doll in the foreground? Well hello foreshadowing!!

And I'm kind of glad that Sookie and Bill are on the outs right now. He just irritates me a little. She needs a sweet shape-shifter or werewolf or something to take care of her fairy-ness. But I am a Twilight "Team Jacob" member. So, my take my opinion with a grain of salt.

What show will I watch next? Dexter starts soon. I like that show, too...

2 comments:

-Jen from Tues Zumba said...

I think the doll was related to his crazy ex-girlfriend... wasn't she always collecting/buying antique dolls? I remember him mentioning hating dolls (and her liking of the dolls) in the episode where him and the gf went into Merlotte's ans Jessica freaked out on him.

Meghan said...

Jen you are right!! That makes sense because Hoyt's Momma was buying a rifle...they are planning to kill Jessica! Yikes. She is my favorite character. I hope she takes them down!!