Search Stretch Naked

Friday, September 17, 2010

Must-Have Fitness Gadget: Fitbit



OMG! OMG! OMG! I MUST have this new gadget called a Fitbit.

One of my sweet Zumba ladies showed me hers after class last week and I was just in love.

It was like the first time I tried Nutella - love at first bite (or bit in this case). It's that good.

So a Fitbit is like a heart rate monitor/pedometer/calorie counter/sleep monitor combo. Seriously!

So according to the site: "The Fitbit accurately tracks your calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled and sleep quality. The Fitbit contains a 3D motion sensor like the one found in the Nintendo Wii. The Fitbit tracks your motion in three dimensions and converts this into useful information about your daily activities.
You can wear the Fitbit on your waist, in your pocket or on undergarments. At night, you can wear the Fitbit clipped to the included wristband in order to track your sleep. Anytime you walk by the included wireless base station, data from your Fitbit is silently uploaded in the background to Fitbit.com"

Fitbit.com" has a free members area where you can track calories and see reports of your calorie burn, activity level and sleep quality.

It is sort of iPod-ish in it's docking station to charge and appearance. I bet Apple wishes they had thought of this...

And, the best part? It's super tiny and doesn't require any sort of armband to wear. I'm in love. My current heart rate monitor gets all stinky and nasty because I have to wear this stretchy elastic piece around my torso. And you have to hand wash it. Who has time to hand wash? Not me. I am lucky to get two loads of laundry done a week.

The cost is $99 + shipping.

They are currently back-ordered for a couple weeks. The site says that if you order now it will ship on September 30. Oh Fitbit", you better believe I will have one! Big, big, big hint dropping to Ad man. Ad man are you reading this? Dropping hints like crazy here...

Put it on your Christmas list, birthday list or just because list. This is a must have for anyone who loves fitness (or even if you don't and wish you did)!

Off to hand-wash...[insert dramatic sigh here].



6 comments:

layesica said...

Wow! The Fitbit sounds like a great deal. I just got a heart rate monitor for the same price, and it doesn't do that much cool stuff. Do you have to do a membership like the BodyBugg?

Meghan said...

Much of the fitbit site can be accessed for free - you can track calories, run basic reports and see your progress. However there are some other cool bells and whistles that require you to get a premium membership, which is $49.99 per year. Here is a link to check out what you get free and what the membership gets you:
http://www.fitbit.com/premium/about

layesica said...

Thanks, I'll check it out. May have to put that on my birthday/Christmas list. :)

Katherine said...

A girlfriend of mine has this, she got her's at Best Buy! You can check their web site to see if they have one in stock at your closest store. I'm going to get mine this weekend!

JenniferCG said...

Yay! I hope you love it! I know I do.

Meghan said...

Thanks Katherine! I will have to check out Best Buy, maybe it's cheaper, too!!

And thanks again Jennifer for sharing this awesome gadget with me!