Search Stretch Naked

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sticky Ooey- Gooey Protein Snack

Oh...my...goodness! I am in L-O-V-E with a new protein snack that I found in my Beachbody cookbook. Ok, so I was looking for something sweet and healthy that can help me recover after my crazy Saturday morning class line-up. If I don't get some protein in me as soon as possible after my workout I get light-headed, get weak in the knees, blah, blah, blah. Bottom line, I gotta eat after two hours of intense cardio.

So as a club member of Beachbody I got this great cookbook among all the other perks. Anyway, this recipe is easy and delicious. It was created by P90X guru Tony Horton. After a workout like that you need the protein. And it's way better than a gritty protein powder.

I modified this a little bit to better suit my taste, but here ya go...

Ingredients
1 banana
1 cup peanut butter (natural is best)
1 cup low-fat granola with almonds (or just add a few sliced almonds)

Directions
So incredibly easy. Smash and mash all ingredients together in a bowl, until all mixed. Then place mixture on wax paper and roll hot-dog style. Place in freezer for for two hours. Slice and eat.

You. will. love. it. Guaranteed.

If you are interested in signing up to be a club member of Beachbody, just click here: Meghan's Beachbody site

6 comments:

Becca_2482 said...

Hey Meghan! This sounds yummy! What kind of granola do you use?!? I was gonna buy some at kroger the other day but there was like 20 different brands.

crunchyveganwifelife said...

Oh my goodness! Can you use homemade granola?
I am gonna steal this recipe!!!!!!
Thank you megan!

Meghan said...

Becca, I usually buy the bulk granola at Market Street or Central Market, however Bear Naked granola is great! They have several different flavors that are perfect for this. Plain or vanilla work best. If you shop at Kroger, they should have Bear Naked, but I also like others. I did a little search to find the "best tasting" granola and came up with a site called seriouseats.com. They identified the top two best granolas as Familia Swiss Müesli Granola and Bear Naked Native Maple Hemp Walnut Granola. Give one of those a shot.

VivaciousVegan, YES you can totally use homemade granola! How do you make that? I would love your recipe :)

Michael said...

"Bottom line, I gotta eat after two hours of intense cardio."

At least it is good to know that you think it is intense as well.

Meghan said...

Michael, I TOTALLY think it's intense, too :) My favorite day of the week because of it!

JenDance1122 said...

Hey Meghan this reminds me of a recipe I've used before. It's a fake Snickers recipe from Weight Watchers. Good if you need a chocolate fix. It's 1 banana, 1 TBS peanut butter, 1 packet of diet hot cocoa, and 1/4 cup of grapenuts. You mix it, roll it and freeze it the same way as in your recipe. It's pretty yummy! Not exactly like a snickers, but it's chocolatey and crunchy.