Search Stretch Naked

Monday, March 22, 2010

NuVal at Market Street


Ok, so I have to lift my ban on Market Street because they now have NuVal! I posted a month or so ago about this new system called NuVal scoring. It is a score given to all foods based on their nutritional value. The higher the score, the more nutritious the food. For example, a strawberry is 100 points while a potato chip is 20 points. Anyway, Market Street now has this on most food items. The tag that lists the price also has two hexagons with a number 1-100. So great! It takes the guesswork out of finding the most healthy foods.

Wowza, there are some surprising scores. For example, it is more nutritious to eat a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie than a handful of pretzels!

Alright Market Street, you are off the hook...this time. I better not find any thumbprint cookies in my path next time I go grocery shopping.

P.S. thumbprint cookies have a NuVal score of 10. Not good.

3 comments:

VividEpiphany said...

Love the scoring. My inner skeptic is wondering how this will bear out over time.

crunchyveganwifelife said...

Meghan, Hi, I am vivacious and I have a vegan blog. I am so glad I found you..I am in serious need of a healthy vivacious friend to keep me motivated! Growing up I was that girl that could eat everything and never gain a pound, but unfortunately I became ill and I gained 100 lbs. over 20 years, 60lbs. being just two years ago when I was placed on bedrest and steroids...I will listen intently to anything to can tell me that will help me become the flitty, flirty skinny gorl I once was.....Thanks bunches, Brandi

ps, I make some pretty healthy good food and I am starting to eat more raw foods too...

Meghan said...

Hi Brandi! Glad that you found Stretch Naked, too! I think that losing weight, staying healthy and eating right are on a lot of people's minds. That's why I write this blog! I think that I will have some good things that will help you out!

The main principle is calories in vs. calories out. You must burn more than you take in. Weight loss is about patience and commitment. Let me help take you there!