Search Stretch Naked

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dear Market Street...

Dear Market Street,
Please, oh please stop making those little butter, thumbprint cookies. I'm going to have to stop shopping at your store if you don't. See the thing is I'm obsessed with those damn cookies. I give myself a pep talk before entering your store every time - "Meghan you don't need any cookies. They are terrible for you and you can't stop eating them. Just say no." I pack up my cart with all kinds of healthy and fresh items and then manage to make my way to the bakery to grab a 12-pack of cookies on my way out.

The worst part is that I eat all 12 cookies in two days. I can't pace myself. Do you put crack in them? Is that why I'm addicted? And, why do you have the strawberry flavor? Those are the best! They are all sweet, yet, buttery...please STOP!

You are way more expensive than other grocery stores in my area and I pay a good $10-$20 per week at your store just because I can get the cookies. And the worst part, on the rare instances in which I avoid getting the cookies, you have them out to sample. You bait me in with the sugary goodness and then I'm practically forced to toss them into the cart.

Market Street, you leave me no choice. I'm breaking up with you. I can no longer shop at your store. You see, I must avoid those terrible temptations in which I cannot control. Thumbprint cookies are just that type of temptation for me. So, we're done.

It's me, not you...

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Meghan

No comments: