Search Stretch Naked

Monday, January 4, 2010

Workout High


I love a good workout. I mean I really LOVE a kick-a*@ sweat session. It ranks right up there with finding cash in your jeans pocket, or a first kiss, or waking up to the alarm to find that it is actually Saturday. Or sex even.

Oh, I had a doozy of a workout this evening. I subbed a kickboxing class and had a blast. I always love going into a room full of people that love their regular instructor. They give you that look and fold their arms across their chests as if to say "if you don't give me a BETTER workout than my regular teacher than I'm walking out." I know this is what people think because I've given that look myself (before becoming an instructor, of course). I've even walked out of a class or two in my time.

But, their frowns quickly fade and they realize that I'm good. Dripping with sweat, they leave satisfied. Success!

So after leaving behind 824 calories behind at the gym (according to heart monitor), I went home and had a nice healthy dinner of chicken, pasta and veggies. And instead of reaching for a sugary treat, I had granola and organic skim milk for dessert. There is just something about getting an awesome workout that boosts your willpower.

I encourage you to get your rock star workouts in a couple times a week. This workout is a little more intense than your normal elliptical trainer or treadmill routine. You gotta crank it up a notch. If you normally take classes, try two in a row (cardio and weights), or add 10 more minutes to your cardio session, go for a longer jog or simply add more weight if you are doing strength training. Challenge your body. You will feel so good and not want to "screw it up." You will avoid fried food and dessert. Try it. I guarantee you will at least get some of those fabulous endorphins.

I love endorphins. Screw you sugar. You are the devil.

No comments: