Search Stretch Naked

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Ladies That "Lunch" - Organic Style


I've never thought of myself as a "lady who lunches." You know the kind - stay-at-home Moms, rich, coiffed, perfectly attired, long fake nails, probably botoxed into oblivion. They sweep in and dine at swanky restaurants with other ladies of society and leave a swell of designer perfume in their wake. Well let's see, I am not rich. I am not perfectly attired (unless you consider Nike Shox and workout clothes a huge fashion statement). I have short nails with a chipped manicure. I could use a highlight touch-up AND I certainly do not have botox. I am a stay-at-home Mom, though (well kind of, I work about 25-30 hours from home). And I did do lunch at a lovely and lavish restaurant with a friend of mine yesterday. Oh, and I did wear perfume. So yesterday maybe I was a "lady who lunches."

A friend of mine brought me to this lovely restaurant in the Knox-Henderson area of Dallas, called Villa O. She said "Meghan this is right up your alley. All organic and healthy." I was already in love. I am really on the fence about organic vs. regular, processed, pesticide infested foods anyway, so an organic lunch sounded like just the thing that this "lady who lunches" would like.

The ambiance was nice, the staff was incredibly attentive and the food...magical. All their food is organic and fresh. They had a variety of fishes, pastas, salads and other treats. My friend and I both opted for the wheat pasta with turkey meatballs. It was horribly cold and rainy and warm comfort food sounded delish. I don't usually have heavy lunches like this, but it seemed like a special organic occasion (and better to do it early in the day when I had time to work it off). Anyway, our meals came with a large basil sprig and thinly shaved Parmesan cheese. And, oh my! It was heaven. Who knew a turkey meatball could literally melt in your mouth?

They had an amazing list of desserts, which I promptly declined, but longed to sample. Maybe next time.

I would consider the food "better for you," not necessarily healthy. But, again, it's better for you than dining at any list of other places that slather their food in salt and oil to make it taste yummy. I felt good about what I ate. Both my stomach and my mind were in agreement on this one.

Anyway, if you are in the Dallas area, you have to try this little gem. It was all very trendy and hip, from the concept to the gorgeous water glasses that were apparently featured in D Magazine.

Who knows where this "lady who lunches" will lunch next...

Oh, and in case you were appropriately mortified to think that I "lunched" in workout clothes, put your fears to rest. I wore a very cute, mildly trendy outfit complete with make-up. And Baby Elvis wore his finest sweat suit.

No comments: