Search Stretch Naked

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Do my Shox Shock You?


I am obsessed with Nike Shox. Seriously obsessed. Obsessed like Fatal Attraction. Or like the kind of obsessed you are when you drive by a boyfriend's house in the middle of the night to make sure that his car is there since he told you he was home and going to sleep...I mean I've never done that, but it's like that kind of obsession. Ok, I did do it once in high school, but I was only 16 and your brain isn't fully developed at that age. He was there by the way. And my Mom went with me. I love that woman. She's got just a little bit of crazy in her too.

Ok, so back to tennies. Ad man hub likes to buy me sneakers for gift-giving occasions: my birthday, Christmas and Valentine's Day. He knows how hard I am on my shoes and he knows that I love beautiful, shiny new kicks. This year he spoiled me rotten with three new pairs, two of which are Shox.

Bliss. Absolute bliss for my feet.

So, I have terrible knees. In fact I used to get knee injections to help replace the cartilage that is darn near depleted from years of dancing and high-impact exercise. But, now the extra support from my glorious new shoes helps my knees, back and I think I might be able to jump higher. Maybe.

I believe it's imperative to find the perfect tennies for your feet (or knees as it were). For me, it's Shox.

I hear from so many folks that take my classes that they have bad knees. Runner's knee, as it is called, is actually among the top ten sports injuries according to the Sports Injury Handbook online:
http://www.sportsinjuryhandbook.com/injuries/index.html


The name is misleading, though. You don't even have to be a runner to get stiff, achy knees. This injury can occur from years of exercise, carrying around too much extra weight and from general wear and tear.

Whether you need the extra support or not, I encourage you to try a new pair, new brand or new style. New shoes can give you a little extra motivation to get to the gym and work harder once you are there. You have to show off the shoes, after all.

If you want to give the Shox a shot, you can get them pretty inexpensively. I posted some of the cheapest ones from my google shopping search:

http://www.6pm.com/nike-shox-sport-trn-sl-white-varsity-red-metallic-silver

http://www.6pm.com/nike-shox-sport-trn-sl-white-varsity-red-metallic-silver

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?country=US&lang_locale=en_US#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-234011/pgid-306966

http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?sourceid=shopping&productId=prod614246&NIKE&cid=42&CAWELAID=129980656

Now go get Shox-ey!

P.S. Nike doesn't pay me to give blatant plugs. I seriously LOVE these shoes that much.

No comments: