Search Stretch Naked

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Swimming and Pregnancy

Yep, I'm in my third trimester and really starting to feel heavy and achy. And I tend to moan and groan on occasion. This whole carrying a baby thing is a bit harder the second time around when you are running around after a toddler. And not to mention I'm three years older than the last time...

But I'm keeping as active as possible – still teaching 5 classes a week (modifying the intense bits) and trying to move as much as possible each day.

This weekend we traveled with Ad Man to lovely Tulsa. Yes, Tulsa. Ad Man had a work obligation and we just went along for the ride since he has been traveling quite a bit lately. I had no interest in spending another weekend by ourselves.

Well, it was not the beach vacay I've been dreaming of, but we managed to have a good time. The best part was the indoor hotel pool. E and I had quite a fun time swimming and splashing. And it was awesome for my big, preggo self. I felt less swollen, less puffy and generally rejuvenated from the swim. I of course played with E and then while he was bobbing around with his floaties, I did kicks along the side, ran from one end of the pool to the other ("chasing" E) and bounced around. The water made my belly feel so much lighter.

I didn't take any pics to share of me in my oh-so-flattering maternity swimsuit. Darn it. Sorry.

But I will be swimming as much as possible for the next 2 1/2 months, I think. Entertainment for E and relief for me. 

Stretch on.

M

No comments: