Search Stretch Naked

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Going Bananas!

Ok, so I've seen on Pinterest a couple times (and had a suggestion from my friend Katherine) to try making non-dairy ice cream from bananas. I was like yeah, yeah, I'm sure it just tastes like cold bananas.

Well, my mother-in-law and I had a discussion about going to get ice cream this past Sunday. We opted to save the calories and give this idea a try. We were skeptical to say the least.

All you do is slice a few bananas, freeze the slices and then blend up in a food processor.

And it makes ice cream? Really?

Well I am here to tell you that it is OMG delicious and actually gets the same texture as really thick ice cream! We added about a teaspoon of vanilla and a tablespoon of fat-free milk (just because we needed liquid to get the blender to work!)

You could totally add cocoa powder, strawberries, different types of extracts or even pureed veggies to make this delectable treat even more nutritious.


E gobbled it up too. He had no idea that this was not the calorie-ladened kind that he goes nutty for. Ha ha! Momma tricked him again. I'm going to mix up some more tonight for dessert and try adding some sweet potato or carrot to get some more veggies into E.

And did I mention that a bunch of bananas is pretty cheap, too? Love!

This is a MUST try for anyone who has a sweet tooth but doesn't need the calories. And ok, who really NEEDS extra calories from ice cream. Maybe some skinny little celebrity who is gaining weight for a movie role. But whatever.


Stretch on!
M

No comments: