Search Stretch Naked

Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's ok to brag...

Facebook is like the cost of entry into the social media world, right? I mean, you have to have a page. And you absolutely must waste an ample amount of time each week stalking old friends (to see if they got fat) or to check out people's party pics (living vicariously through them). Right?

Well as you are checking out a random friend's cousin's bachelorette party (of which you know no one in the pictures), you are bound to come across the very cocky post every now and again. Many are related to working out:

"I just killed it at the gym. #irock!"

"Got up at 4:30am to get my 15 mile run in this morning!"

"Yay for me. I took 7 aerobics classes today and then went for a 10-mile bike ride. Feeling sort of tired now. LOL!"

Or the endless check-ins from people at 24 Hour Fitness.

Brag, brag, brag.

If it's a day that you slept through your alarm, ate a donut for breakfast, then accidentally had three cocktails for dinner, those kinds of post make you feel sort of...well...guilty. I mean the only sweat you worked up today was the nervous kind when your boss asked you about a presentation that is dangerously past it's deadline. You think, that person is such a bragger!

Well, change your mind on that one, please. Pretty please. I give you permission to brag when it comes to taking care of yourself. Document your workouts! It will keep you and other motivated. When I see posts like that, I try to think GOOD FOR THEM! Then I think, what else I can do to be kind to myself in the health department - an extra few push-ups, a couple jacks, some yoga, a bowl of fruit. You get it.

So, now, Naked Stretchers. Whenever you finish a workout - large, small, intense or moderate, post about it on Facebook, or this blog, or on Twitter or on LinkedIn - whichever site is your social media poison of choice. And tag me! I will say something awesome like "you hot, fit thing, you!" or "you are fabulous." Or something equally as charming :)

Brag away, please!

Nakedly yours,
M

No comments: