Search Stretch Naked

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Over-exertion Headaches

I tend to get headaches on Saturdays after my back-to-back classes. It's two straight hours of cardio. I push myself for sure. And I find if I don't drink tons of water I get a headache. Like right now. I have a headache. Blech...

Must drink more water.

On days when I do an intense workout, I need more than my normal amount of water. They say to drink half your body weight in ounces - so for me that would be about 64 ounces of water = 8 glasses. On Saturdays I should drink closer to 10 glasses of water. And I have to say I did not come close today. That's a lot of water, but worth it to avoid the headache.

And over-exertion headaches are pretty common. The solution? WATER and Tylenol.

Well it's off to bed with a big old glass of water. Yes, it is 8:30 and I'm going to bed.

Good night Naked Stretchers.

No comments: