Search Stretch Naked

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Candy Buffet = Off the Wagon

I fell off the healthy wagon. Hard.

Two words: candy buffet.

Let me explain...

Baby E turns 1 on the 12th and we had a his Surfer Boy themed birthday party this past weekend. It was magical. I have been so busy getting every little detail perfect. And then the birthday party was upon me and it was just like I pictured it: He dug into the cake, smiled, laughed, clapped, opened presents, swam in the pool. Didn't cry a single time. He was charming and delightful.

I had this brilliant idea to create a candy buffet to serve as a fun decorative/themed element and for people to fill up a bag to take as a favor. The buffet was brightly colored and full of all the best goodies: thumbprint cookies, surfboard cookies, cake balls, chocolate dipped pretzels, rock candy, gumballs, M & Ms, gumdrops, gummi worms, homemade candies and more. Sugar, sugar, sugar. But it's a birthday party - my baby's birthday party - so I had to go over the top. Here is the bar in all it's glory...






I have to say, people L-O-V-E-D it!

But then it came time to clean up and I was left with oodles of candy, leftover cupcakes (did I mention we made cupcakes, too?)...



...and food as far as the eye could see. I gave as much as possible to friends and family, but came home with a grocery sack full of treats.

And I've been eating my way through it since Sunday. I want to stop. Really I do. But have you ever tried a cake ball? Heaven in the round.

I need an intervention. I need to give it away.

But maybe just one more...

My advice to myself: Sin and then repent. I have stuffed my face with goodies and now I must sacrifice my body to the gym gods. Today I eat a little more. Tomorrow I throw what's left away and hit the gym HARD!

No comments: