Search Stretch Naked

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The day that my life changed...

Baby E was born a year ago today.

Here he is at one day old...



Here is what I know... when Baby E was born, my life changed. I am less selfish, more loving and more forgiving of my own faults.

I cannot express how much I love my little boy, my heart.

He has taught me so much in the past year about unconditional love and about myself. Any new mother knows that the first few weeks can be rough. You are so tired, frazzled, breastfeeding non-stop and trying desperately to find something in your closet that fits. My body self-image was low.

And then, he smiled at me. This big, sweet, wonderful smile. And the extra few pounds in my mid-section didn't seem to matter. All that mattered was holding Baby E every second, giving him thousands of kisses each day and cherishing each sweet wonderful smile.

Today, a year later I have lost all the weight. I still have a little extra skin at my middle despite my exhausting workout routine. But I don't care. It is a reminder to me that I was given the most amazing gift. A gift that keeps on giving. He has continued to smile, grow, roll over, sit up, crawl, babble, stand up and took a few steps (today in fact). Yep that little bit of extra skin doesn't matter when you see the little wonderful boy that Ad man and I created. He is the most amazing baby. And almost not a baby.

I forgive myself for having a flaw or two. The journey to earn that little extra has been wonderful.

Here is baby E at his Birthday party this past Sunday...



Happy Birthday Baby E! And many more!

No comments: