Search Stretch Naked

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oh so sore-y

I am so sore I can't stand it. It hurts to move, pick up the baby and laugh. How did I get this way? Three crazy hard classes that I taught in the past 72 hours, that's how.

I inflicted this pain on myself.

But I like it.

Here are some great sore muscle remedies:
1. Hot shower or bath (hello obvious)
2. Lots of water to flush out all the lactic acid from your muscles
3. More exercise, especially some light cardio - it helps to again flush out the muscles and get things worked out. So many people skip the gym when sore. It is important for your body to repair itself, but light exercise when sore can make the soreness disappear and allow the body to repair more quickly.
4. Tiger Balm - this is similar to BenGay, but SO much better
5. Stretching - take long slow stretching movements. Hold them for 30 seconds per stretch. Hold the most sore muscles for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
6. Massage - Sports massages are great. I've had one before and wowza, I felt great afterward. They are a little more intense than your traditional spa massage, but they really get at the sore areas.
7. Complain (i.e., brag) - tell someone how awesome you are for doing such an intense workout.
8. A pedicure = ok, maybe it doesn't totally help with soreness, but it sure is relaxing. I'm in desperate need of another one by the way.

Side rant: pedicures from Hawaiian Nail Bar, while wonderful and relaxing, do not last that long. I had one two weeks ago and the polish is teetering on the edge of embarrassing and trashy. Most long-lasting pedicure? Elizabeth Arden. Pricey and not on the part-time working Mom budget. [Insert dramatic sigh here].

Goodnight Naked Stretchers.

No comments: