Search Stretch Naked

Friday, December 18, 2009

December 18: Visions of Sugarplums

Baby Elvis has decided that sleep is not necessary. In fact, it is for the weak. He is strong and therefore needs no sleep. His Mommy apparently doesn’t need sleep either. I am hanging on by a thread in the sanity department.

This recent lack of sleep has gotten me to start thinking about the days where I would sleep in until I felt like arising (looking thin and lovely in silk pajamas no less). Now, I have constant bags under my eyes, spit up marks forever on the shoulders of whatever I wear, no pants even on because I took them off midway through the evening because I still have post-prego hot flashes and I am certainly not looking nearly as thin…but it’s bliss. I love Baby Elvis more than I could even describe in words. I love being a Mommy.

Ok. Enough about me.

I want all you naked stretchers to think about sleep. It is crucial to get 6-8 hours to maintain a healthy and balanced mind and body. The holidays (parties, late-night shopping, trying to get things done at work so that you can enjoy the holidays) wreak havoc on sleep. There have been studies on sleep’s impact on maintaining a healthy weight. Check this one out:

Tonight, turn off the TV, close the laptop, turn of your cellie and GO TO BED! I will live vicariously through those sugarplums that are dancing in your heads.

No comments: