Search Stretch Naked

Thursday, May 19, 2011

For the healthy sweet tooth...

I found a fabulous, wonderful, delicious, make-me-happy, dance around and sing treat at the grocery store. I was running into Kroger tonight to grab some random things after teaching Nike Training Club - mini pepperonis for Ad Man (don't ask), conditioner for me and crackers for Baby E - and I found heaven in a pre-packaged bag. There was like a halo glow around them and I swear I heard a choir of angels singing when I picked them up.

What is this amazing, heaven in a package you ask? Are you ready for it?

Chocolate-covered craisins! 

Thank you Ocean Spray.

I have always loved craisins, which are sweetened dried cranberries in case you are unfamiliar with this gem. They are a great snack with just enough sweetness to satisfy my ever-vicious sweet tooth and that lovely fiber to keep me full.

Sugar. Ok. Yes. There is sugar in them. But no high fructose corn syrup or other weird ingredients. Just milk chocolate and cranberries. It's 180 calories for 1/4 cup. And 1/4 cup is quite a bit. I felt very satisfied after measuring out my 1/4 cup of happiness. And yes, after dinner I broke out those suckers quicker than you can say "just a spoonful of sugar."

So on the dessert guilt scale, (1 being no guilt at all and 10 being "OMG I ate more calories in that cake than I should have in one week") I think that they are a 3.

Apparently they are limited edition. Should I stock up? I think I need some coupons...

Nakedly Yours,
M

No comments: