Search Stretch Naked

Monday, April 5, 2010

A moment on the lips...

"A moment on the lips...an eternity on the hips!" A friend of mine posted this on Facebook in reference to eating Easter candy yesterday. Ironically I read it as I was finishing my second reese's peanut butter cup egg. This made me take pause, of course, but I figured it's just one day, right?

Well, I just ate another egg. I didn't need it, did I? No. No. No. I did the math and I have to workout for 30+ minutes to cancel out the three eggs that I consumed in the past two days.

Did it really taste that good? No.

Did I feel better after I ate it? No. Worse? Yes.

Not that I want to throw around a lot of cliches, but "nothing tastes as good as skinny and fit feels." I encourage you to repeat one of these little sayings this week. Each time that temptation strikes, stop and think. Tell yourself that no food is worth the sacrifice to your health.

Not to say that occasional indulgence isn't ok. It is. But it should be the exception, not the rule.

Not to be wasteful, but I just threw the last peanut butter egg in the trash along with the cadbury cream egg. I could donate it, but I figure I should donate nutritious food to the needy, not the garbage.

That is all. Now I am going to drink two full glasses of water to do something good for my body.

Stretching on...

2 comments:

Allie Z said...

Sooo funny and totally true!

Great post and cute blog! :)

Allie

Meghan said...

Thanks Allie! Glad that you like the blog. Please visit often :)