Search Stretch Naked

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Light Delight

I am so full. Full of a delicious dinner and the most amazing light dessert I have ever had. In fact it might be the best dessert that I've had period.

So I'll start from the beginning. I had lunch with a fitness friend of mine, Jolie, on Friday afternoon. We chatted about exercise, nutrition, Beachbody, recipes, babies, hair, eyelashes...you know all the normal girl stuff. So let me back up and describe my friend. She is a fellow Group Fitness instructor and so fabulous. She's super tall, gorgeous, blonde and so sweet. And very humble about all the aforementioned descriptors. Anyway, she knows a lot about nutrition and like me is always on the hunt for low-cal and fabulous. Well she shared a recipe with me and I of course noted it in the very important place in my mind where critical details reside, like Ad man's pants size, Baby E's birth stats, family birthdays and of course dessert ideas. You know important stuff.

I figured I'd get around to trying it at some point.

But tonight, Ad man set out to make a delicious dinner and I figured there's no time like the present to try a new "goo" as Ad man and I refer to delicious treats. So he grilled some pork tenderloin, mixed up some mashed potatoes and assembled a fresh salad. I busily made two versions of this dessert. See Ad man is not a fan of low-fat, so I made a light version for me and a full fat, full of calories, full'o'sin version for him.

In my quest to convince Ad man that low-fat can still be good, I decided to do a blind taste test. I put both versions (which looked about the same) in two stemless wine glasses and handed Ad man a spoon. He scooped, tasted and was in heaven. It was delicious. In fact both were equally delicious. He said he couldn't tell which one was which. I asked which tasted better and he indicated that version "A" was best. However, he like the thicker consistency of "B."

Well...A was the light version and B was the version with all of the fat! Ha! Take that Ad man. You like something light. Score: Strech Naked 1. Ad man 0.

So anyway. Light can be a delight...

Oh, you want the recipe, do you? Well here you go. Watch out, it is so rich that you will feel a strange sense of guilt. You will seriously have to remind yourself that it is LIGHT!

Jolie's Mock Cheesecake

Ingredients
1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 tub fat-free whipped topping (like Cool Whip), softened
1 8-oz container of fat-free cream cheese at room temperature
Graham cracker crumbs
Fruit or flavoring as desired

Directions
Dump all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixture until smooth. Layer mixture with graham cracker crumbs in a parfait cup. And be prepared to taste the most decadent treat you've had in a while.

It is delicious without fruit or flavoring, but if you would like to kick it up a notch you can add lime juice and lime zest for a Key-Lime version. Or serve with fresh raspberries, strawberries, blueberries. You can even mix those right in. Add a capful of vanilla, almond or coconut extract for more variety.

Please let me know what you think when you try it!

Thanks Jolie!

Calorie Count: 250 calories per serving (serving is 3/4 cup of mixture. I didn't account for any toppings you may add.

Note on sugar: There is quite a bit of sugar in the sweetened condensed milk, so don't think you can eat this every night of the week. It should still be used as a "treat." I'm speaking to myself. Meghan. Don't make this every night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious!! I have to share another good dessert recipe that I love. It's very light, easy, and yummy! Mix 3 TBS peanut butter (creamy) with a container of Cool Whip Free. Divide into a lined cupcake pan that holds 12. Top with a little Hershey's sugar free syrup. Freeze. Each "cup" is worth 1 WW point...But I usually use a 6-cupcake pan so that each serving is a little bigger. I've also used nutella instead of peanut butter for a chocolate fix! Also you might want to let them sit out for a few minutes before eating.

Teresa said...

Can anything with sweetened condensed milk taste bad?
Love that stuff....thanks for this! I probably will not make it because portion control would be difficult. ;)

Meghan said...

Thanks for the additional recipe idea! That sounds A-mazing!!!

Teresa, I know, sometimes it's best to avoid if you have a self control issue. Perhaps make only half?