Search Stretch Naked

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hide the Easter candy, will ya?

Cadbury eggs...peeps...jelly beans...peanut butter cups...cupcakes...ugh! Will the parade of candy leave me alone?

Have you found a line-up of delicious confections staring at you this morning? I made up Baby E's Easter basket and thought "of course I need candy!" What basket is complete without candy? Hmmm...Baby E is 7 months old. He cannot eat, nor should he eat candy. But I felt myself obligated to stock his Easter Bunny loot with candy. Big diet fail for me. I am a proponent of moderate indulgence, but I just set myself up to fail by buying all this junk that I would inevitably eat.

I have to admit though that the candy-makers are trying to get America more healthy. I was surprised at the amount of sugar-free candies that I found this year. They even had sugar-free peeps! I did not buy them, of course, but they were there for the taking. I wonder how much of the better for you candy was left-over. I bet it's REALLY cheap tomorrow.

Well, here is what I should have made for an Easter treat, but was lured into a sugary frenzy:

Baby E's Easter Cupcakes - Soda Pop Style

Ingredients
Box of low-fat or reduced sugar white cake mix
1 cup of diet sprite or diet 7up
1 tub of fat-free cool whip
1 box of sugar-free vanilla pudding

Directions
Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Stir soda into cake mix. You might need to add a touch more soda. Cake batter should be completely moistened. Fill muffin cups with cake batter. Bake as indicated on the box. Might need to add a little extra time. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cool.

To make frosting, stir half a box of sugar-free jello into cool whip. Spread onto cooled cupcakes.

Eat. Enjoy! You can top with some sugar-free candies for decoration.


Now when I hit the gym this week, come see me. I won't be hard to find. I'll be the one sweating out sugar. I bet I smell and look like a peep!

Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Meghan! Can I use reduced fat yellow cake instead of white cake? Love your website...so inspiring!

Meghan said...

Kristine, absolutely! Yellow cake mix will be great. You could even do strawberry cake mix. That is one of my favorites!

Unknown said...

Thanks! 1 more question...i've been contemplating on purchasing the Brazilian Butt lift bc this exactly where my fat goes. Would you recommend this?

Meghan said...

OMG! Kristine, you will love Brazil Butt Lift. I do it twice a week and it is the most incredible lower body workout I have come across. I am always so sore from it, which makes me feel like I'm really working! There is a lot of toning and cardio, so you will tone and lose inches.

If you are interested in buying it, you should check out my Beachbody site: http://teambeachbody.com/meghanh. I actually sell it :) I always do the workouts that I sell just to ensure that it is worth the money. I certainly don't want to recommend anything that I wouldn't do myself! Brazil Butt Lift is SO incredible. One of my faves!!

It comes with 6 workouts, a meal plan, online tools and ME as your personal coach :) I will answer any questions you have about the program, offer you fitness and nutrition tips and lots of motivation!

Email me directly if you have more questions: meghanhenderson77@gmail.com