Search Stretch Naked

Friday, October 23, 2009

Time Wasters

As I dig myself out of my flu fog, I have been doing a lot of relaxing and watching TV. This morning I was checking out the Today Show and one my faves, Jillian Michaels, was on answering fitness questions. She had a really interesting point that I had to share with everyone about wasting time that could be used for your health benefit. I reflected on the past week of achiness, coughing, sneezing, sleeping and general ickiness and calculated just how much TV I watched. Probably 40 hours of it. Sickening. Now in my case I needed the rest to get over illness, but I bet I watch more TV than I should. What else would I accomplish if I switched off the TV and did housework, went for a walk or popped in a workout DVD?


So many people claim that they don't have enough time to fit a workout into their day. In Jillian's no nonsense manner, I will say "that is crap." How much time do you watch TV each day? How long do you spend resetting that alarm each morning? Did your morning cup of coffee take 30 minutes? All that time can be reprioritized to allow time for fitness.

So, here I go. I'm feeling better. The day is beautiful. I am switching off the TV. There. Silence. That feels good. I'm headed out for a walk.

What will you do with your found time for health?

No comments: