Search Stretch Naked

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Exercise During Flu Season

If you haven't been inundated with flu talk in the media, then you have been living under a rock! I know that I am more paranoid than ever about the regular flu and the swine flu.

Many people fear germs and are hand sanitizing like crazy. This approach should follow you to the gym. I recommend grabbing some travel pack sanitizing wipes. Wipe down any equipment before touching it (including cardio machines, weights and other strength machines).

In the group fitness room, I may look like a nut, but I wipe down the stereo, all the hand weights that I use, the mat, bench and bar. Takes a few minutes, but will hopefully rid them of those nasty germies. Hey I've got an amazing little boy to protect!

If you do get sick, you should avoid hitting the gym to protect others and allow your body time to heal. Just don't overdo it on the chicken noodle soup!

If you are very paranoid of the gym germies, then take a jog outside or do a workout DVD. There are plenty of options that will keep you healthy and fit!

Bottom line: Don't let the flu keep you from achieving your fitness goals!

No comments: