Search Stretch Naked

Monday, October 4, 2010

Fine, Fresh, Fierce Fitness Fashion

I love working out in funky fitness gear! Anything goes in the Group Fitness room, ya know? The crazy, torn shirt that isn't my style for running errands is SO me when I'm doing Zumba! And ya'll I can't bear paying a lot of money for my workout clothes. And you know what, I don't have to!
I buy almost all of my workout gear on clearance at Target, Kohl's, Forever 21 and Walmart. All that trendy, teeny-bopper gear makes the most fierce workout gear.

Come on into the dressing room with me as I take you through a trip to Kohl's to find some fine, fresh, fierce workout gear (thanks Katy Perry for the adjectives!)

So, I started in the 50%-80% off racks in the junior section. I mean everything is on sale at Kohl's all the time, but this stuff is seriously marked down. I loaded up with dozens of shirts, leggings, shorts and tanks. Headed to the dressing room and here's what I got...

Note that I L-O-V-E Kohl's because there is no dressing room maximum number of items. So, my 25 items were a-okay!

First I had to try on these $1.99 shorts. Yes, $2 for some cute green shorts.



Bold, bright colors are perfect for the gym. They pump me up and make me smile. Pair these bright green or yellow shorts with any of these juicy colored tanks. Tanks were $2.98. And yes, it is Fall, so these summer colors are on clearance. But there is no seasonality at the gym, right?




I also can't get enough of leggings. They hold your lower half tight and definitely minimize the ummmm...jiggle. Kohl's had some wildly fun leggings...

Leather...or pleather...



(I know that you can't see 'em very well and my hips like crazy wide, but you get the idea. They were so fabulous).

Funky patterns...



Plain black and more.



All of these leggings were under $10! When was the last time you got workout pants for that small price?

And tops. There are so many options for tops. The crazy blinged out tops that are a little, ummm...youngish for an almost 30 Mom are the coolest for my daily sweat sessions.


Here are some more fun tops. All ranging from $3.98 - $7.99.



Even over-sized shirts make cool and funky workout gear. Wear a sports bra (or two) and let it fall off your shoulder. And this is a perfect look if you want to mask a thicker middle. The flowy nature of the top are perfect camouflage.


Try buying shirts in a much larger size so that you get the funky look. For example, this shirt is an XL shirt.

And get innovative. I found these bathing suit bottoms that totally cover my rump but can double for a tennis skirt OR just plain ole workout bottoms. And the price can't be beat at $8.99. Tennis skirts are outrageously priced. But clearance bathing suit bottoms? A steal!


So what did I walk away with? I got the $1.99 green shorts, of course! I mean $2 for shorts? LOVE IT!

[This was me before my double header kbox and Zumba classes this past Saturday. Ignore the random red glove in the background. Baby E found it in a closet and it's his new favorite toy!]

So ditch the torn duds and get rockin' with these fun, frugal finds!

Would love to hear what kind of fun fitness finds you have come across. Post 'em here!

No comments: