Search Stretch Naked

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful

As I dig out from what could quite possibly be the world's WORST cold, I had to miss Boot Camp this morning. Ugh. I hate that. My sister, did an awesome job, though, as the sole sister in Fit Sisters. I know she gave the girls a fab workout.

As I sprawled in bed, trying to sleep and not think about all the ninja jumps and burpees they were doing without me, I got all sentimental about the journey leading me to start my own fitness business. Maybe it was the fever or maybe the lack of sleep with two kids who are up more times each night than I care to share, but I was all in tears. Big sloppy wet tears.

I just felt an overwhelming sense of thankfulness for all that I have been given, been exposed to and the people who have believed in me along the way!

One person, really stuck out in my mind as the one who got my foot in the door with boot camp, Christa Mills (my first manager at 24 Hour Fitness).

So, I was totally this kickboxing-and-dance-only girl until Christa suggested that I teach boot camp. I mean I was the girl who was all hips shaky-shaky, not drop and give me 20 until your arms are shaky-shaky.

But Christa is this awesome, totally buttoned up girl (and so encouraging), so I said "what the heck." She believed in me and assigned me a 6 am class at 24 Hour Fitness. {Wow. Ummm that was early for me. At the time I did not have kids and was more of a sleep until the last possible minute before I had to get up for work kinda person.} But I committed.

Fake it, 'til you make, right? I asked the google for help as I planned for my class. I put together a really intense first workout with lots of wind sprints, a solid section of stations and a bunch of strength moves.

After I taught that first class and people said "holy cow, that blonde chick was hard!!" I was hooked.

P.S. my first class, I wore hot pink camo cargo pants and an itty bitty hot pink bra top. I thought I looked all boot campy and tough.

Anyway, in this month of thankfulness, I am thankful for Christa's encouragement and all the steps afterward at 24 Hour Fitness that led me to love that format and become confident in my abilities.

Thank you Christa and thank you 24 Hour Fitness!

No comments: