Search Stretch Naked

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Damage

So what's the damage? How much candy did you eat?

About this much?



Well that yields only 230 calories. Not too bad. Way to go with your will power!

Or was it about this much?



That stash is about 410 calories. Hmmm...well I guess it's your treat day.

Maybe it was this much?



Oh dear, you packed in about 1,000 calories. Yikes!

And please don't tell me it was this much!



And for heaven's sakes, please don't tell me you ate candy for breakfast this morning. Even though Reese's Peanut Butter cups go really well with coffee, I don't think it's the right food to get you fueled for the day.

Ok even if you did eat some for breakfast, the good news is you can STOP now! Load up all the candy with the exception of 7 fun size pieces for your little one (that's one piece a day for the week following Halloween). After 7 days likely they will have forgotten about it. Take all the remainder and put it in a sack and bring it to the office. Bring it to a food pantry. Get it out of your house.

Be done with it already.

Start thinking about all the lovely things you'd prefer to do while the weather is gorgeous - take a walk, take a jog, go to the park, go to an outdoor festival or outdoor shopping mall. All of those things are much more fun than the guilt of eating a whole bunch of candy.

How did I do yesterday? Well the sweet tooth was in full force, but I didn't do too badly. I had 2 mini Twix bars and 2 mini Snickers bars. But I ate light all day (and of course taught class in the morning), knowing that I was going to have some candy. And you know what? I sent the remainder to work with Ad Man. Baby E won't remember his candy. He had more fun walking up to people's doors and grabbing candy out of the dish.

He thought it was pretty great. After 3 houses, he totally "got" it. He walked right up, waited patiently for someone to answer the door, grabbed his candy, ran back to his wagon and dumped it in. The event itself was WAY better than the candy. Wouldn't it be great if we all felt that way?
I did give him about 5 M&Ms, which were a hit. I might save one mini M&M bag. But that's it. All that sugar and empty calories have no place in my house.

Thank you Halloween, it was fun, but now we are done.

No comments: