Search Stretch Naked

Friday, August 24, 2012

Healthy Grocery Shopping: Cool New App

God I love the grocery store. All those aisles of delicious possibilities. But it's somehow different with two kids in tow. I have approximately 20 minutes before there is a serious meltdown or I end up with a basket full of junk to appease my three-year old. Frustrating and a big suck on the 'ol wallet.

And not to mention that I don't have the time to investigate food labels to ensure that I'm feeding my family healthy foods. As a general rule, I don't buy anything unless it is organic or all-natural. Clean eating. I won't climb on my soap box in this post, but I blog more about clean eating and where to shop here.

Ok, back to my point. [Cue drum-roll]. There is a new site and app that takes the guesswork out of shopping. Not sure if that all-natural granola is really good for you? Well Fooducate.com allows you to scan the barcode on a food and then it generates a grade (like school). "A+" is awesome, F is run away bad. Then the app gives you healthier alternatives if the grade is no bueno.

How flipping cool is that?


The site also has a database of foods so that you can find the healthiest cereal, yogurt, snack, etc. for you.

Love. Love. LOVE.


The app is available for iPhone and Android. Plus visit the site and troll around a bit. It's fab!


No comments: