Search Stretch Naked

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nada Frittata

Just had a fun play date with some old college dance team girlfriends and their baby boys. It's always nice to get together with other new Moms. We always end up giving each other great advice.

Much to blog about here, because we talked a lot about body image and such (more about all that in future posts). But perhaps most important was what I served for lunch (for the Mommas anyway).

I was all excited to use this healthy frittata recipe that I came across while searching egg white recipes (we ended up with two cartons of eggs that I didn't want to go bad). I love to cook and try new healthy recipes. And I love to do this when I have people to cook for. You see Ad Man is an A-mazing cook. Way better than me. He can just throw something together and it's delicious. I make delicious things, but not like Ad Man. Well anyway, he does most of the cooking for dinners and such (I do most of the prep), so I was really excited to cook for the girls...

...and it was a big ole Texas-sized F-A-I-L-U-R-E. It was mostly egg whites with a little egg yolk, veggies, feta cheese and a sprinkling of bread crumb on top. I served it with a dollop of light sour cream. And it was not good. I mean not good.

The other Mommas choked it down, like the sweet and polite ladies they are. But I knew better. It was rubbery and too thin. Fail.

I felt cheated. Do you ever feel that way? Cheated by something you ate that was neither tasty nor worth the calories? Sure, I did get some good protein in me, but at the cost of a wasted lunch and guests that think I am a terrible cook.

And now I feel like I need to redeem myself. Can I get a lunch do-over? I guess I will have to schedule another time and offer to make lunch. If they let me...

So I turn to you this time, Naked Stretchers. Do you have a healthy frittata recipe that is tried and true? Not one of those crappy things (like I found) that sound good in theory. I need something that you've made that is actually good? If so, please share.

I need a mulligan.

No comments: